Foreign Language: Chinese
Genre: Xianxia (Romance)
Watch on Viki: http://bit.ly/2r8Epwr
Foreign Language: Chinese
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. After a year and a half leave of absence, I am ready to return to the blogging sphere. I am excited to return and share with you all the things I love.
A lot has changed for me in the last year and a half, and you will see some changes as to how I do things here.
First is the sidebar.
- I am adding shows I am watching. I tend to binge-watch shows and not really watch live TV, so this makes it easier to update.
- I am adding additional reading formats to the sidebar.
- I will be sharing Foreign Language books I read.
Second: Review Format
- I am going to focus on shifting my review style to a more standardized format.
- Since I have shared reviews of Movies I watched, I will also start sharing with you some of the shows I watch. I will be doing overall show reviews as well as episode recaps. The overall reviews will not have any spoilers. Recaps will.
Things that don’t change:
- You will still see many of my favorite authors pop up in the reviews. If you have a recommendation or suggestions for me, please reach out through my facebook page, which is linked on the sidebar.
Thank you for sticking around. I hope it was worth the wait.
Solo: A Star Wars Story was released last week. I was able to see the movie over the holiday weekend. Solo is the story behind how Han ended up with the Melinium Falcon and did the Kessel Run in 12 Parsecs. For those who are quite geekily inclined, a parsec is a unit of distance, not time, so in Episode IV when Han is bragging about completing the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs you automatically assume it’s a measurement of time. They clear up the confusion on this by explaining it is a distance, and why no one else is/was willing to do the run in under 20 parsecs.
A liberal friend of mine asked if I as an conservative would address the following post:
Friday Rogue One was released. This story is essentially Episode 3.9 in the StarWars franchise. My awesome boss once again rented a theater for the entire company and we got to see the movie on opening day for free! Yes I have the best boss in the entire world. I don’t say this because I think he will read my blog, as I doubt he will ever see this post. I say it because I do have a great boss.
I thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One, and although I am not of the opinion that it is one of the best Star Wars movies, it does rate above the prequels. My favorites are still The Empire Strikes back and Force Awakens. I definitely rank this a Must See movie at 4.5 star rating.
Yes, if you continue reading this post will contain spoilers. If you haven’t seen Rogue One, I highly suggest you not read this post further. Additionally, I highly recommend reading Catalyst (or listening on Audible) before seeing the movie as it is episode 3.5/3.7ish in the time line and explains much of what is missing in the movie, and gives you a better insight into some of the choices made by characters such as Galen Erso, Orson Krennic and Jyn Erso. It also gives you a good look at Orson Krennic our bad guy for Rogue One.